Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A Night at the County Fair


The residents of Our County were out in full force at the opening night of the county fair. Much candied apples and cotton candy were consumed and later hurled on the rides. The scent of cow poop and funnel cakes wafted through the evening air. It was a magnificent mass of unwashed humanity. I was lovin' every minute of it. I had to have some cotton candy because ya just can't go to the fair and NOT eat cotton candy. I did not, however, hurl it up later on a carnival ride.

In the exhibit barn I found my stuff had won second place ribbons! Woo Hoo! Beginner's Luck! These photos are a bit dark and fuzzy because I was having trouble shooting through the chicken wire barricade, but there are the ribbons! Woo Hoo!







I was disappointed that there wasn't a single crocheted toilet paper holder to be found. I thought at first I had missed them, but nope, nary a one. They have finally died away completely.

We watched the junior division hog competition and got to see two hogs have a fight in the show ring. It was better than a barroom brawl. I wonder if the judges deduct points if your pig gets in a fight??? Hubby wouldn't let me near the pig pens to get me some pig sugars, so I pouted about that for a bit.

We did get over to the lamb and goat pens to find some cute little critters this year. Hubby did all the skritchin' and I just took pictures.





We wandered back out on the midway to gawk at the carnie games and watch people on the rides. Carnival rides make me kinda queasy just watching other people on them. I wouldn't dare get on one. Ugh!





At the entrance/exit gate there were these two illuminated palm trees just sitting out in the middle of the carnival doing nothing in particular. One was red and one yellow. I couldn't figure out why they were there, other than to look pretty and provide some light. I thought they were a pretty cool design. I'd have the yellow one in my backyard.



All in all, a wonderful date night out with Hubby. And I won ribbons! Woo Hoo!

No comments: