Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Squeeeeky Potty

Late last night I went stumbling into the bathroom half asleep in the semi-darkness. There's just enough light from a night light so that I don't run into anything. I check to be sure the seat is down because Hubby always leaves it up. (touch, touch, touch) Yep, it's OK, I'm good to go.

I sit down and I hear a squeeeeeeeeet! noise. I recognized the sound. It means the potty has developed a slow leak and the squeeeee noise is the tank topping off. "Dang!" I think to myself, "Gotta tell Hubby to fix that."

But usually sitting down doesn't make it squeeeee. That's odd. So I wiggle a little bit and it squeeeeeees again. Weird.

Then I felt a tickle on my right elbow. OK, wide awake now.

I turn to see whiskers poking out from behind me. It was Smudge the all-white kitty! She must have been standing on the back of the potty seat about to get a drink when I sat down and squished her against the lid. It was her making that squeeeeee noise.

She's the same white as the potty lid so I missed her in the gloom. I felt so guilty.

I squeeeed back at her as I jumped up all aghast. Why hadn't the silly kitty moved when she saw my big be-hind coming?!?

She didn't seem all that upset about being squished and didn't run away. She nonchalantly circled the rim, sniffed a bit, then went in for a drink. Of course the germy potty water tastes *much* better than the water in the sparkling clean kitty bowl. She drank and drank and drank and drank.

I felt pretty foolish after a while standing there with my undies around my ankles watching the cat drink from the toilet.

I finally hiked up the ol' Granny Pannies and went off to find a camera. Had to rummage around for a while to find it. Figured Smudge would be long gone by the time I got back, but oh no, she was still there lapping away. Took several pics.



As I sat there in the early morning darkness watching her I thought, "Man, the sacrifices we make for our kitties."

Stoopid cat.

And I still had to pee.

Next time I'll flip on the light.

11 comments:

Willym said...

Thanks for a Monday morning laugh - you've been missed by the way. One of the new pups is fascinated by the toilet bowl. She loves to hear it flush and then watch the water, I have a feeling next thing she'll be trying to drink out of it.

Speck said...

All critters love the potty. Smudge will run in from the other side of the house to watch it flush. Maybe they have boring lives, I don't know. :)

I've actually been blogging away on the sketch blog for the last month. Sometimes two or three posts a day! I guess my brain swings from word mode to picture mode and sticks out there on the extreme of each. I need to find some middle ground.

sageweb said...

Ha ha, cats are so funny. That cat is porceline white.

Chickie said...

Hahahahahahaha! That is crazy. I'm so glad that Tiny Dog doesn't have the gumption to jump up on the toilet.

john.p said...

This is a hoot! You're a great story teller, and I'm glad to see your burst of energy in the sketch journal.

Br. Jonathan said...

That picture is great. I would have been SO tempted to flush the toilet right at that point.

Miss Healthypants said...

LOL! Hilarious! :) This is why Iwanski & I leave our toilet lid closed at all times. :)

Sling said...

The least Smudge could do,is make sure there is toilet paper on the dispenser..

rosemary said...

Why do they do that??? Is the water colder, bowl smell better somehow? You have a lovely toilet BTW.

Eileen said...

I had a cat that looked just like yours. His name was Frosty,and he had blue eyes. He lived to be 17 years old and then suddenly died in a flushing accident.


Only kidding.

bogglemama.com

Desiree said...

OK, that made me laugh soooo hard.