Pages

Monday, December 1, 2008

Ain't Dead Yet

Good Grief! It's been two weeks since I've had an interesting thought that wasn't art related. I have however, been drawing and painting up a storm. I've been keeping a paper journal of my mundane life with a daily sketch. The pages are posted on my sketch blog if you are rillyrilly interested in reading all that.

If not, here are highlights of some of the artwork:



Cleaning the fridge coils:


Sketch of a cool old building with strange white capstones on top:


And a painting of that same building, but just the corner detail:


Big boys on big toys Thanksgiving day at the farm:




And a colored pencil study of the same apple:


And that's what I've been up to lately.

Still working on the farmhouse rehab. We're now ready to start the painting and that's always the fun part for me. Yay!

7 comments:

sageweb said...

Great art! you are so talented. I want one ounce of your talent so I can draw something cool.

LostInColor said...

wonderful wonderful! I'm glad you aren't dead.

Ingrid said...

OMG! That's me there in your drawing of the woman in bed trying to sleep! My cats do that to me every morning, weekend or not. I love that picture. Love it, love it, love it.

Speck said...

Sage - I'll send ya two ounces iffn ya want. US Mail or Fed Ex?

Lost - Some days I think I would feel better if I was dead. It's hell getting old.

Ingrid - Thanks! The kitties around my house have an uncanny sense of time. They know exactly when that cat food can should be popping open in the kitchen!

storypeople said...

Oh, Speck. These are too charming for my brain. And then you add that little episode of churchy irony (even thought it's old) - I don't know. It's really an extraordinarily perfect combination. People try mixing those ingredients for years, don't they, to achieve the big prize recipe?

I wish you could sell tickets to this blog.

rosemary said...

love them all....i went to the sketch blog....the apples look magnificent there for some reason.

Miss Healthypants said...

You are just SO talented...but I think you know that--at least I hope you know that!--by now. *smiles*