Pages

Monday, November 17, 2008

Submit!


"...and unto thy neighbor's husband be dominatrix."
I PETER 3:2



When we passed this sign today, I looked at Hubby and asked, "Did that say 'Wife submit to your husband'?"

"Yep."

"OH! OH! OH! Go back, go back! I've gotta get a picture of that!"

"I AM NOT turning around. You can take a picture next trip."

"NO NO NO! Turn around now! Pull in right there! (pointing wildly) Right there! Right THERE!"

Hubby sighs and hangs head in resignation. He swings the truck around in a parking lot and heads back down the highway.

"Pull in there, in the second driveway, on the far side of the sign."

"Yes dear."

"Roll down your window...now lean back a little...pull forward just a smidge."

"Yes dear, yes dear, yes dear (sigh)."

The irony of the situation is not lost on Hubby.

I take a few shots and we pull back out on the highway. I start laughing.

Hubby heaves another big sigh.

"You're gonna blog about this, aren't you?"

Smirk.

I don't think I would make a very good Churchachrister.

14 comments:

Br. Jonathan said...

Oh! My! GOD!
I cannot BELIEVE a pastor put that scripture on the church sign.

I wonder what his wife thinks about that?

I just thought of something hilarious but I need to email it to you - - can't really put it on here.

sageweb said...

Oh you are so funny...I would have had to take a picture of that too. That preacher must be one horny dude.

LostInColor said...

hahahaha...that was great!

Sling said...

That pastor would be better off just holding his breath,and waiting for the rapture.

Lorraine said...

ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

When my husb and I were preparing for marriage, our priest suggested this reading. He told us it's often used in Catholic weddings. My husb (fiancee at the time) laughed so hard, he fell out of his chair. Not kidding.

He knows me so well.

Miss Healthypants said...

LOL! You are too funny!--love the irony of the situation! :)

Chickie said...

As your husband now realizes - life is just a series of blog posts waiting to happen.

Barb said...

Now see, that is sooo something I would have done ~ and have done many times. My darling husband is now used to the fact that he may have to "turn around and go back" at any moment. This one was great though, thanks.

Kirstin said...

ROTFL! I'm guessing the pastor at that church is still single.

rosemary said...

the most familiar part of your post...."yes, dear." We both have 'em trained really well.

Doralong said...

Bet that went over real well with the distaff side of the congregation..

yellowdoggranny said...

a church in dallas told his parishiners to have sex every night for a week...

Sherry Pierce Thurner said...

Whoa! I'm laughing here, coughing, and snorting!