Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Rainy Day Nuthin

A cold, drizzling rain was falling when I woke up this morning. Hubby yelled from the kitchen, "Do you want to skip sheetrocking today and stay home?" I yelled back, "More than life itself!"

So we flopped around in our PJs all day and watched West Wing and numerous episodes of Law & Order. We ate cold pizza for breakfast and warmed over pizza for supper. It was heavenly.

********************************

Cheezburger the Porch Cat has decided he likes it inside better than outside. I won't allow him in until late at night after everyone else has gone to bed. He gets rambunctious with the old lady cats and I don't want them to have a heart attack due to his presence. Poor Chelsea is a rickety 16 years old and she just can't take the excitement.

Cheezburger stayed in all night last night and went outside this morning to eat breakfast. When he was finished he wanted right back in. I'm standing at the front door looking down at him with his nose glued to the storm door waiting for it to open. Hubby is piled up nearby with his coffee and the morning newspaper.

"Your cat wants back in," I say to Hubby.

"So let him in" he replies from behind the paper.

I ponder that a moment. Cheezburger has been in for eight hours or so and he has just eaten breakfast. He probably hasn't left the porch since it's raining. He probably needs to pee and poo and I don't want that happening in the house.

Looking down at the cat I ask, "Have you taken your morning poop somewhere???"

"Yep" replies Hubby very matter-of-factly from behind the sports section.

"Not you, the cat."

Sigh.

Don't old people inquire about each other's colonic activity? Geez. And why would I have included the 'somewhere' part if I was asking Hubby? That's a little more than disturbing. We only have one potty.

"Have you taken your morning poop somewhere Honey?"
"Yep."
"Where exactly?"

I wouldn't want to step in it or anything.


************************************

Cheezburger still has the quick wits of an outside mouser and chases anything that moves. He was sitting on Hubby's desk when something up in the air caught his eye. He meowed that "I'm gonna eat that" meow and started pacing back and forth trying to figure out how to get to it. I couldn't see anything but guessed he had spied a bug up there somewhere. He continued to mewl and started to climb the bookcase.

Finally I figured out he was after the second hand on the wall clock! He worked at it quite a while, long enough for me to get a picture.



This is one big honkin' cat by the way. He is all meat and muscle, so very unlike our little lightweight old lady housecats. If he gets between your feet it's like tripping on a cinderblock.

************************************



Smirk.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh yes. Cold pizza. Why is it that the once warm sloppy mess that turns solid overnight somehow tastes a thousand times better? Especially when dipped in to BBQ sauce.

OK, so I am drooling now, and I have to wear this shirt all day, so I am going to stop thinking about it.

Carol P said...

Hey, this has nothing to do with this post...(something shiny!!!!)...I'm just wondering if you've come up with a "wonderful" Christmas card idea that's going to take 500million hours to make. :) 'Cause *I* have! I'm just about at that OMG WHAT was I THINKING stage and I haven't even started cutting.


Carol
Extreme Cards and Papercrafting
http://extremecards.blogspot.com

Willym said...

Sounds like a good day to me - and who told you that old people inquire about each others functions? That just ain't so... now excuse me while I go and make sure Laurent has had his... never mind.

sageweb said...

Your hubby is adorable. I also love it when cats entertain themselves...WHen I watch a cat entertain itself it is like me trying to catch the second hand..I need a drink.

LostInColor said...

Your hubby is funny. Love the kitty! Did you still the letter?

Br. Jonathan said...

I love big honkin' cats.

Miss Healthypants said...

LOL! Yay, you did it to the sign! LOL! You make me laugh! :)

Also, I love that picture of the cat and the clock--I think it's awesome. :)

Miss Healthypants said...

P.S. Your hubby is funny. :) :)

Kimberly Ann said...

Pizza and West Wing - ah, that sounds good. What season were you watching? I liked the earlier ones best.

Nice photoshop, by the way. :-)

Speck said...

Sy - Cold pizza is the breakfast of champions. I already had drool on my jammies when I pulled it from the fridge.

Carol - I'm thinking about making cootie catchers. Wouldn't be too difficult to produce, but I'm still in a quandry about the artwork.

Willym - LOL! It's nice to know Laurent's poopiness is in good hands...so to speak.

Speck said...

Sage - It's always a good time for a drink.

Lost - I'll never tell. :)

Buck - I do too except when they lay on my chest. Tough to breathe.

Miss HP - Wanna big, funny, honkin' cat??? I've got one free to a good home. Will ship.

KA - It must have been the most recent season. Jimmy Smits was the Pres. elect.

Who said anything about Photoshop???