Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Do Christmas Tree Worms Sleep?

A few bits of flotsam and jetsam rattling about in my brain:



Uncle Buck and his FABulous Shoes


Buck - These are a set of magnets on my fridge door. I think about you and your FABulous shoes whenever I go digging for a cold Pepsi. I often ponder on how we are probably more alike than different and what a mind-blowing concept that is.



The Refugees Can Be Seen on Google Earth


Google Earth can peer right into my backyard from somewhere on the other side of the planet. That is so awesome and so scary. It makes me realize how very, very small this little blue marble is getting. More people need to think about that more often.



The Chess Game T-Shirt


This Sharpie artwork is by Cowbell's awesome artist daughter The Bohemian. I so need a T-shirt with this on it I can hardly stand it. If the Bohemian would sell these babies I would be first in cyber line to buy one. White Hanes Beefy-T, 50/50, XL please. Do you take PayPal?



#1 on Google

I'm the #1 search hit on Google for toilet water turbines, John Deere caskets, and the eternal question, "Do Christmas Tree Worms Sleep?" I don't make this stuff up people.


Answer: No, Christmas Tree Worms are awake and watching you all the time. Your only protection is to wrap your Christmas tree entirely in tinfoil as shown here:
For further protection, apply a generous coating of petroleum jelly and store several hours in a dark, warm place. You should begin to feel the full satisfaction of the Christmas spirit free from any annoying worms.



That is all. You may now return to your regularly scheduled lives.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol, wormy.
Oy...heeelarious.

Willym said...

So much to do
So few people to do it for me

My motto in life - sadly in my fantasy life but....

Kimberly Ann said...

Wunnerful, wunnerful collection of thoughts.

more cowbell said...

I and others have been trying to talk her into marketing her art. She, however, is convinced that money would sully things, and the only way to be a true artist is to suffer for your art, preferably with a bout of consumption. Youth...

Lorraine said...

Christmas worms? Ii yi yi.

Br. Jonathan said...

I LOVE those kitchen magnets! You are so sweet!

And I think about you every time I reach for that bottle of homemade pepper sauce to put on my collard greens. (You know. The chili petines steeped in white vinegar).

Comrade!

rosemary said...

I'll take a t-shirt in large, please. I have PayPal too..OK?

I think you have an amazing brain.

I can't think of one good worm I have met....they are all bad.

more cowbell said...

PS - I forgot to tell you i have that original hanging right here in my office, next to my Antonio Banderas "Read" poster.

p.alan said...

I feel like one of those refrigerator magnets today. All bitchy, but still cute.

Sling said...

Put me on the T-Shrt list!..42 large,extra cranky.
These things rattling about your brain are most disturbing indeed Speck.
I like that quality in a person.

Anonymous said...

I need to ask the important question here: Is Google Earth really a live picture of is it based on satellite photos from a long time ago? Because this will impact how often I wear pants.