Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2007

A Long November

This year we had a long November. It seemed to go on and on and on and on. I was beginning to suspect December was just a figment of my imagination.

Time seems to bend around corners, speed up and slow down for me. And no, I am not on heavy drugs. Even though the minutes tick resolutely by on the clock, I don't think they are all the same length.

Maybe Einstein would agree.

August was about 14 days long, September about 10 days, and October went by at normal speed. November however, has ooched along like a glacier of cold molasses. I kept checking my calender thinking I was mistaken, but yep, it was still November. I'm almost certain there were 95 days last month.

They were 95 good days, but 95 days nonetheless. I'm glad we are finally to December.

I was needing some closure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must live in a fast-forward vortex cuz this entire year has been cruising by, November was a blip!

Allan said...

Omigod, the rent is due again? Thanks for the reminder!

more cowbell said...

Can I get an amen in the house? I have a feeling December will inch along at glacial speed as well...