Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2007

God's Wingnuts

I watched CNN's special report "God's Warriors - Christians" late Thursday night. Not believing what I had just seen and heard, I watched it again in an encore presentation. It upset me so much I couldn't get to sleep. Are there really *that* many religious right-wingnuts out there in America??? It gave me the heebie-jeebies.

When I see hoards of people whipped into a religious fervor, lead by some media-slick guy on a stage, my brain screams, "Cult, Cult, Cult! Brainwashing! Lemmings! Danger Will Robinson!" I want to get away from those folks as quickly as possible. It is especially disturbing to see when the hoards are young children and teenagers.

Faith in God is a good thing. Christianity, Judaism, or Islam is too according to one's personal belief in prophets or lack thereof. However, this...this is not faith, not Christianity, not religion. It is something else entirely; something dark, sinister, evil, fetid.

Somewhere, somehow, Christianity in America has gone horribly wrong.

No comments: