Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I Yam What I Yam

The Urban Dictionary has this eloquent definition of fag hag:

"Also known as Fruit Fly and Queer Dear. This is a woman who prefers the company of gay men because she recognizes their effervescence, incisive wit, and sheer brilliance regarding the human condition. This woman appreciates the fact that gay men know how to drill down to the bittersweet core of an issue and make light of it where necessary, and simultaneously make dark humor of it where otherwise necessary. It is a gift that comes from being an outsider: rather than lying down and taking a beating, as some do, the exalted gay man rises from the ashes and finds the ridiculous glory in being an outsider. In this endeavor, he seeks the company of a woman, and she of him...because regardless of intentions, women and men enjoy the company of those who feel "right" to each other."
I think this describes me pretty well. However I think I prefer the gentler term fruit fly.

Unfortunately, since relocating from Dallas to Lower Arkansas, I haven't found a fruit to fly around. Phooey. I am suffering from the lack of effervescence, incisive wit, and sheer brilliance in my life.

Where does one go in a new town to meet a nice gay guy? (I suppose lots of guys are asking that same question.) Can I put a want ad in the Personals column of the local paper?

Middle-aged, straight married lady seeks middle-aged out gay guy to pal around with. Must have good sense of humor. Quiet,introverted, techie gardener a plus. Apply below.
Hummm......

1 comment:

Br. Jonathan said...

I think you found one here, though I'm horrible at gardening.
The moment I came across your blog, I knew you were a fruit fly.
Aren't blogs wonderful?