Pages

Friday, February 22, 2008

Friday Video - People Who Understand You

I enjoy meeting new people and getting to know them. The give and take of exchanging ideas energizes me. I love learning new things and new points of view. However, sometimes I want to surround myself with people who understand me so I don't have to explain why I am the way I am or why I think the way I think. It's just easier and more comfortable spending time with those kind of folks.

Yesterday Hubby and I were watching Two and a Half Men. Charlie was putting the moves on Jake's teacher, Miss Pasturnak. He was smooching her up and called her by her first name, Dolores. She looked at him with an sexy, come-hither look and said, "Oh, call me Miss Pasturnak."

Hubby and I looked at each other and said in unison, "Stiffler's Mom!" Then we laughed because we both "got it" without any further explanation. We both understood what the other was thinking, the background of the comment, and that the thought popped into our heads at the same moment and for the same reason. That's why I love him so.

My INTPs get my dry wit humor that no one else in the universe understands, not even Hubby. Hat gets my inner child. Uncle Buck gets my southerness. Kimberly Ann gets my inner Domestic Goddess. These are my on-line sanctuaries and confessors where I retreat when the world is whomping up on me. I find comfort there. Thank god for the Internet.

This Mastercard commercial is one of my all-time favorites. These three little geeky boys have stolen my heart. I get them.

8 comments:

Br. Jonathan said...

"Whomping up". I SO get that!

Someday, we'll have to share a bowl of collard greens with pepper sauce, homegrown tomatoes, cornbread and buttermilk. How's that sound?

I love INTPs. I'm an INFJ.

Speck said...

Buck - I knew you would get it, that's why I adore you so.

Collard greens with all the fixin's. A man after my own heart. Sounds yummy! When's supper???

rosemary said...

love those boys too.....i made myself blush yesterday because i was dancing (well, maybe just jumping around) to amy singing valerie......I get you speck. it feels good to get another person and it's even better when they get and are ok with me and my weirdness.

Anonymous said...

Everytime I talk to you it feels like a family reunion. But the good kind. Not the watery j-ello mold, swattin flies away from the potato salad and avoiding "handsy" Uncle Twice Removed kind.
LOVE YOU!

Speck said...

Rosie - Sometimes ya just gotta dance like ain't nobody lookin'.

Yes, I get you and your brand of weirdness. It would be considered "normal" 'round these parts.

Hat - You can have a family reunion without a watery Jello mold??? Dang! What will I take this July???

more cowbell said...

Ha! Anybody can bring the backpack, but it takes a special kindergartener to bring the funk. Too good.

Kimberly Ann said...

Right back at you, sister. I love all your great posts and find your humor, wit and good sense absolutely wunnerful. Rock on and keep on bloggin.

Lorraine said...

I just want you to know that after we spoke the other day I talked like a southerner for 2 hours.