Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Constructive Vandalism at Wal-Mart

Wandering around the aisles of Wally World tonight, I saw a stack of brown card tables with a red sale sticker for $20.00 each. Humm...not a bad price for a card table if I needed one.

Taped above the stack of tables was a sign that read:

"FOR YOU COLLAGE STUDENT (brown tables only)"

I stared at the sign for a minute, trying to register what it was supposed to say.

Then I got exasperated. The more I read the sign, the more exasperated I got. Don't kids pay attention in English class any more? Can't anyone besides me see the sign is incorrect? Doesn't anyone give a damn about doing a good job? Is there no shame???

It was bad enough that someone had printed and hung the sign with misspelled words. Well, OK, we all have our bad days and everybody makes mistakes now and then. But worse than that, it had hung there for days without anyone fixing it. I know the folks at Wally World probably aren't English majors, but really!

I couldn't help myself. Something had to be done. I took out the big, fat Marks-A-Lot I keep in my purse and corrected it.

Tomorrow I hope someone who works in that department sees the corrections and replaces the sign. My fear is that they won't understand what is wrong with the old one.

Sigh.

No comments: