Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Digital Doodles

I've been trying out my hand at political cartooning using a nifty new digital drawing tablet thingy. (More about that later.)

What do you think???







I really struggled with McCain. I'm not sure if this looks like him or not.

Would you readily identify this guy as McCain???



I think the guy I drew looks like the corrupt, drunken mayor of some small town in Mississippi. All he needs is a white suit, Panama hat, and an idiot nephew.

I'm unhappy that the two sketches don't look as if they were drawn by the same person. How could my style change so radically in just under an hour???? I wanted the heads to be a matched set for future use.

Obama was easy-breezy to draw and just climbed right on to the page. I'm tickled how his caricature came out.

I redrew McCain three times and I'm still not happy. Besides his jowls and nearly bald head, the guy is just plain looking.

7 comments:

LostInColor said...

I like them. But you are right, there is something missing on McCain. Maybe you need to make his forehead bigger, not smaller than his jowels... maybe??? Yes you are right, he is plain looking...he is like a plain piece of white bread...run with that!

Willym said...

Love the Obama but you're right about the McCain. It looks more like Broderick Crawford or Orsen Welles playing one of those corrupt southern officials. Some people just don't lend themselves ... to anything! Could that be the case with Mr. McCain?

Chickie said...

I think McCain is too bland to make him quickly identifiable. With Obama there's the big ears and teeth.

I like the white bread idea.

rosemary said...

Obama is perfect. McCain looks a bit like WC Fields...but, then he is as old isn't he????

sageweb said...

They are both good...it looks like Mcpain is on steroids. If you could put short arms on him...everyone would recognize him.

Miss Healthypants said...

I was reading these comments and thinking...I know why you are having a hard time drawing McCain--because he's JUST LIKE every other white guy Republican type! *grin*

Sorry, I don't know your politics--that just struck my funny bone. :)

Speck said...

Lost - White bread, hummm....(thinking).

Willym - I think I drew Randy Quaid as the drunk crop duster pilot from Independence Day (but with less hair.)

And yes, McCain is bland.

Chickie - Second vote for white bread. Y'all are on to something.

Rosie - He's antique and kids probably bother him too.

Sage - Short arms??? Does McCain have short arms? I've seen him wag them around rather stiffly, kinda like Bob Dole. Kinda makes me leary of possible health concerns.

Miss HP - Yep, we've seen him before, and before, and before, and before......