Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Scribbler and Artpad

I stumbled across a cool on-line doodler program thingie called The Scribbler.

You draw a quick line drawing then the program scribbles it in. You can vary the line weight and colors. Here's my first scribble.

And another one. I couldn't help myself:
OK, I'm addicted.

Moving on....

The other cool program thingie is Artpad. It works a lot like MS Paint, but for some reason is much smoother and easier to control when using a mouse. You can also set the opacity of the color which you can't do in Paint.

Here's my quickie doodle from Artpad:

One cool feature with Artpad is that you can replay your entire painting process. It's kinda cool watching the paintbrush move on its own.

You can also click through the gallery of paintings other people have done and watch the paintbrush repaint them too.

Both programs are a fun way to kill time when you should be doing something productive.

5 comments:

Doralong said...

From one that can't even draw a straight line with a ruler, you never cease to amaze me.. I got skipped in the artistic talent department- damn those siblings!

sageweb said...

THose look like fun, I will have to try both of them while I am suppose to be working tomorrow.

Speck said...

Dora - I don't believe that for a minute. Straight lines with a ruler are boring anyway.

Sage - Big grin.

LostInColor said...

I saw your post last night, and tried scribbler for a little bit, but it bogged down my computer for some reason. I had to shut it down. Its cool tho!

booda baby said...

The Scribbler is one fantastico program.