Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Waiting

Hummm.....back from the dead for a little while at least. Haven't blogged in almost two weeks. May not again for a while.

My creative energies are drained. I've gotten a few things accomplished, but I'm ashamed to say not much. I've played a lot of Spider Solitaire. I'm sick of Spider Solitaire.

My life right now is in a holding pattern with no forward motion. I am waiting, waiting, waiting.... Waiting for what I don't know. It feels the same as the waiting when I was waiting for my mother and my father to die. The change is imminent, but the exact date is unknown. Until then there is just the endless waiting and waiting and waiting.

I don't know what I'm waiting for but it's going to be a major life change. I don't like major life changes when I didn't orchestrate the change. I'm a major control freak. I don't like not having control. At least when I decide to change I can make preparations for it. Since I don't know what the change is yet, I'm just stuck; waiting.

A thunderstorm woke me up this morning at 5:30 am. It has been raining for the past five hours and shows no signs of letting up. Thank you Tropical Storm Fay for the rain. I actually feel alive today for the first time in weeks. The rain helps wash away the something that is the waiting. Maybe things are about to change.

I fell asleep last night watching the History Channel. They were re-running the show about how science, ancient cultures and seers all agree that the end of the world will happen on December 21, 2012. That's less than 1600 days away, 1585 to be exact. It's kind of scary that science agrees with the philosophical mumbo-jumbo. Eek.

Consensus is there will be a planetary alignment of some kind and the Earth will change its magnetic axis. Mass destruction will ensue. Arkansas may wind up on the new equator, or may be the new north pole. If we end up in a cold zone I won't survive. I go into hibernation below 60°. I'm allergic to icicles.

I hope I don't end up waiting for another 1585 days for the whatever-it-is that is going to be changing in my life. That's a long time to be in limbo.

4 comments:

Doralong said...

Tom Petty said it best, the waiting is the hardest part truly ;) Sometimes though I think stopping a bit to wait for the next bit helps you gain some perspective.

We'll be here waiting for more hot dogs and anatomical flower arrangements when you feel like it!!

Be well, and let it take it's course- go play with the babies, that ought to do the trick!

sageweb said...

Oh well maybe you will win the lottery. That is a good change...I have read all about the 2012 thinggee....creepy. There is a guy by the name Graham Hancock that has some good books on that stuff.

Hope you feel creative soon, miss all you creative stuffs.

LostInColor said...

I'm glad I don't get the history channel, that is freaky stuff. Maybe you are waiting for a package? huh? huh? huh?

Speck said...

Dora - Anatomical bits have come up in three separate conversations over the last 24 hours. It's a sign that I need to draw more. Flowering penii? I don't know 'bout that, but I'll give it a shot.

Sage - Winning the lottery would be nice. Note to self: Buy ticket. 2012 may not be the end of the world as we know it, but I'm betting something *very* interesting will happen about then. The Mayans were pretty smart folks, but not very hardy.

Lost - You betcha I'm waiting on a package. :) Creativity may see a massive upswing soon!