Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Drawing McCain

When I was stuck on McCain's caricature I looked at McCain cartoons drawn by the nationally syndicated guys. Lots of weird looking McCains out there, lemme tell ya.

There was one I found that was head-n-shoulders above the rest. It most closely resembled McCain and was drawn in a nice, clean style.

By Mike Keefe of The Denver Post:



There's some wrinkles for ya Willym.

I was tickled to find Keefe on the ABC Nightly News tonight, reflecting and drawing about life in Denver.

I love watching the process of the creation of artwork, and Keefe gave 1.5 minutes of sketch process. Woot! I'm gonna wear the grooves out on this video.

Love ya Mike!

4 comments:

LostInColor said...

That was really awesome!! Thanks for sharing!

Kimberly Ann said...

It really does look like him. Oh look, there is War written on his sleeve...

sageweb said...

Ha I love the arms...the arms you can tell it is him..if you took the arms away I dont think you wuld know.

yellowdoggranny said...

if you can draw the rear end of a horse, you captured john mccain